I was completely surprised and this session ended up being one of my favorites of the conference. The women on stage, in addition to being accomplished engineers, were open and honest with the audience in telling their stories. And although some of the themes are familiar ones, I really enjoyed hearing from these women and I think you will too.
I split the conversation up into bite-sized pieces, dubbing them podcast "bite-casts". These are the women you will be hearing from.
As seated in the photo above from left to right:
- Jenny Miller, Senior Director, Avionics Programs, Rockwell Collins (led the discussion)
- Lori Cumming, Global Director, Global Design Quality, General Motors
- Camille Chang Gilmore, Vice President, Human Resources, Boston Scientific
- Lorraine Herger, CIO, IBM Research
- Peggy McCullough, Project Director of Nuclear & Security, Bechtel Corporation
- Cheryl McKinney, VP of Strategy & Portfolio Development, BP Downstream
- Heather Relation, Manager, Commodity Management, Pratt and Whitney